[MGSA-L] Αnouncing a new phase in my academic life

Vassilios Lambropoulos vlambrop at umich.edu
Sat Apr 1 03:19:26 PDT 2017

[This mail is going to certain lists.  Please do not write back.]

Dear friends and colleagues,

This message is to let you know that,
after 36 years as a Professor of Modern Greek, and while I am still in excellent health and spirits,
I have decided to start a new phase in my career by retiring from my full-time professional position
in order to focus on my own academic projects.

My regular work will end this calendar year, in December 2017,
and, following a sabbatical semester, I will retire officially in June 2018.

However, I plan to keep a close affiliation
with the University of Michigan, and academia in general,
by continuing to advise students, contributing to projects, serving on boards,
participating in campus activities, and of course by reading & writing.

Thus I am not resigning from any major committees or boards,
local or national and international.

I look forward to the next phase of my academic life.

The Modern Greek Program is in very good hands and will continue to thrive.
The future of its endowed C.P. Cavafy Modern Greek Chair is also secure.

[Please do not send me wishes or questions.
This mail is going to several recipients
and I will not be able to respond to any messages.]

Vassilis Lambropoulos
C.P. Cavafy Professor of Modern Greek
Departments of Classical Studies and Comparative Literature
Director of the Modern Greek Program in Classical Studies
University of Michigan