[MGSA-L] Lindsay Lohan's New Pro-Refugee Nightclub in Greece {???!!}

June Samaras june.samaras at gmail.com
Mon Oct 17 20:18:53 PDT 2016

I can't imagine where this idea came from - but here some accounts of the
momentous event in all its full technicolour glory. I just wonder what the
refugees think of it!

JS.
----------------------------:

We Went to the Opening of Lindsay Lohan's New Pro-Refugee Nightclub in
Greece   October 17, 2016

USE THE LINK TO SEE THE PICTURES

 http://www.vice.com/en_uk/read/lindsay-lohan-club-opening-photos-athens-876

This article originally appeared on VICE Greece

No one really knew what was up with the new nightclub LOHAN, bar the fact
it was supposed to open on the 15th of October in the Gazi neighbourhood of
Athens. The club was set up in less than a week and aggressively promoted
during the two days before its opening.

Lindsay Lohan seemed to be involved in some way, but it was unclear how
exactly, or why – if she was an investor, like it was rumoured – she was
investing in a nightclub in Greece. Due to the debt crisis, not many people
are lining up to invest in the country or its nightlife.

And then there it was: a huge sign reading "LOHAN" on the facade of a club
on Iera Odou street. Shortly after midnight on Friday, outrageously
expensive cars arrived outside, valets were running around and a queue of
club-goers formed in front of LOHAN's doors. But the assembled
photographers and camera crews were mostly waiting to see if Lindsay Lohan
herself would show up.

Which she did, shortly after 1AM. She confirmed to the press that she had
invested in the club, and elaborated on the entertainment industry, the
refugee crisis, Greece, xenophobia and how having fun is a way to "take a
bad situation and make it good".

She told the crowd of reporters that her club is a way to thank Greece.
"Greece has welcomed so many refugees from Syria, and this is something to
celebrate," she said. "I want LOHAN to be a celebration of people coming
together." Her aim was to create a space where people from anywhere can
have a great time. Even people who don't drink – "We've got hookah," she
added. She also told the crowd that some of the club's proceeds will go
towards charities for refugee children.

Then she went back inside and the photographers' attention returned to the
arrival of more fancy cars and more dressed-to-the-nines Greek D-listers.

AND EVEN MORE HERE

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3842974/Lindsay-Lohan-scolds-crowd-new-Greek-nightclub-talking-her.html

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00101837.html

June Samaras