[MGSA-L] William Hardy McNeill Occasional Papers Memorial

Neni Panourgia np255 at columbia.edu
Sat Oct 8 09:49:19 PDT 2016

Dear friends and Members of the List,

You can find the latest /Occasional Papers/, 13 and 14 on our site.

In memoriam: William Hardy McNeill

William Hardy McNeill was the first editor of the/Journal of Modern
Greek Studies/. Occasional Papers is hosting a two-part memorial on
Professor McNeill contributed by John Iatrides and Ioanna Laliotou.

In Occasional Paper 13
<https://www.scribd.com/document/326397859/OP-13-William-Hardy-McNeill-memorial-by-John-Iatrides>,
John Iatrides reviews McNeill’s five books on the history of Greece in
the two decades of the Second World War and its aftermath.

In Occasional Paper 14
<https://www.scribd.com/document/326397860/OP-14-William-Hardy-McNeill-memorial-by-Ioanna-Laliotou>,
historian Ioanna Laliotou gives an assessment of McNeill’s contribution
to historical science.

With regards,
Neni Panourgia

--
__________________________________

Professor Neni Panourgiá
For reasons that Melina Merkouri explained, I Never work On Sunday

2013-2017
Visiting Associate Professor
Anthropology Department
The New School for Social Research
6 East 16th Street, Office 921
Tel. 212-229-5757
New York, NY 10011

ICLS
Heyman Center for the Humanities,
Columbia University,
New York, NY 10027

Occasional Papers Editor
Journal of Modern Greek Studies
http://muse.jhu.edu/journals/journal_of_modern_greek_studies/toc/mgs.29.1.html

Dangerous Citizens. The Greek Left and the Terror of the State
dangerouscitizens.columbia.edu