[MGSA-L] Fw: Εurope in Discourse: Important Conference Announcement

Roland Moore rolandmo at pacbell.net
Mon May 23 14:46:16 PDT 2016

     On Monday, May 23, 2016 11:53 AM, Hellenic American College <news at haec.gr> wrote:

 #yiv1907139119 a {color:#4f6228;text-decoration:none;}#yiv1907139119 body{font-family:Arial, Tahoma, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;font-size:12px;}#yiv1907139119 ul{font-family:Arial, Tahoma, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;font-size:12px;}#yiv1907139119 il{font-family:Arial, Tahoma, Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif;font-size:12px;}
| This newsletter uses UTF-8 Unicode character encoding. In case of viewing problems set the encoding accordingly.  |

|   |

|   |   |

|  |
|  |

1st International Conference
Europe in Discourse: Identity, Diversity, Borders

Europe is going through an existential crisis. The continent’s humanitarian credentials are being challenged by a refugee crisis of almost unprecedented proportions. The heightened threat of terrorism and the rise of right-wing populist movements have given renewed significance to issues of diversity and borders. Notions of solidarity and democracy are being questioned anew by the politics of austerity but also by grassroots activism.

This September, over 200 presenters from 40 countries—discourse analysts, linguists, historians, economists, sociologists and other scholars and researchers—will come together in Athens to explore these and other issues in the discourses of European identity.

The Book of Abstracts in now available on our website

Come join us as we talk about Europe!

Take advantage of early-bird registration fees
and register by June 20th 2016!

Visit our website at: http://www.europeindiscourse.eu/ for updates on the conference, including volunteer opportunities for students

Follow us on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/europeindiscourse

|  |

|  |

 |  |

|  | If you do not wish to receive this newsletter or any other informational material from the Hellenic American College click here to unsubscribe.Hellenic American College

Massalias 22, 10680 Athens, Τ: (+30) 210.36.80.950, F: (+30) 210.36.33.174
E-mail: info at haec.gr, Web: http://ermis.hau.gr/lctp/goto.aspx?Id=7c783d87-ec20-e611-80cf-00155d003800&url=http%3a%2f%2fwww.haec.gr%2f

Stay Connected
    |  |