[MGSA-L] How to post to MGSA-L

Roland Moore rolandmo at pacbell.net
Wed Mar 9 10:40:26 PST 2016

 Hello.  Some people have experienced the frustration of sending a message to the MGSA-L list and never seeing that message go out.Several key points to keep in mind to avert such frustration:The default posting mode is that you do not see if your posting went through.  To check, examine the recent archives at:The MGSA-L Archives

|   |
| The MGSA-L ArchivesArchive View by: Downloadable version March 2016: [ Thread ] [ Subject ] [ Author ] [ Date ] [ Gzip'd Text 14 KB ] February 2016:  |
|  |
| View on maillists.uci.edu | Preview by Yahoo |
|  |
|   |

Posting anything that has even a whiff of an opinion is limited to paid member of the Modern Greek Studies Association.Messages should be addressed to MGSA-L at UCI.EDU or mgsa-l at uci.edu - not MGSA-L-Owner or other emails. But you can cc: me if you are unsure.Perhaps most important of all, you need to send postings from the email address with which you are subscribed to the list.The very literal list-server has been instructed to throw any message not from a subscriber on its list into the bottomless spam-hole, never to be seen again.Thus, if you are subscribed to the list as professor at biguniversity.edu but forward a conference announcement from your informal professor at gmail.com address, we'll never see it.If you would like, I can add your alternate email addresses to the subscriber list, and then set those subscriptions to nomail, in order to retain posting capabilities from your other emails.  My main role is to serve as reviewer of submissions, approving ones that are larger than 25K or from people who are not subscribers.Please examine your submissions to see if attachments are gargantuan.  PDF posters are the main culprits.  It would be preferable to send a link to the giant file on your institution's website, or a slimmed-down attachment.Thank you and let me know if I can offer any more information about the list.Yours, RolandRoland S. Moore, Ph.D.rolandmo at pacbell.net