[MGSA-L] FW: 2016 PAMLA Conference

Martha Klironomos mkliro at sfsu.edu
Mon Jun 20 10:25:27 PDT 2016

FYI.

MK
From: News [news-bounces at lists.pamla.org] on behalf of svonkin at netzero.net [svonkin at netzero.net]
Sent: Monday, June 20, 2016 12:36 AM
To: news at lists.pamla.org
Cc: pos2016 at lists.pamla.org; gradstudents at pamla.org
Subject: 2016 PAMLA Conference

Dear Friends of PAMLA,

I hope you are planning to join us for the 2016 PAMLA conference, to be held over the Friday, November 11 to Sunday, November 13, 2016 weekend, in lovely, sunny, culturally-fascinating Pasadena California. Pasadena is a real gem--you will get to enjoy beautiful fall weather, terrific restaurants and bars, museums, and one of the best conference sites possible--the lovely four-star hotel Westin Pasadena right in the heart of Pasadena (the PAMLA/Westin Pasadena hotel room offer is an amazingly reasonable $139 plus tax for PAMLA members--go here for more information on how to make your hotel reservation: http://www.pamla.org/2016/accommodations ).

As you probably already have experienced, the PAMLA annual conference is one of the most vibrant and friendly conferences around--so do join us, and please help us to spread the word. Please forward this email to your academic friends, graduate students, and more interesting, thoughtful, and kind colleagues.

If you are not sure if you are going to propose a paper for the conference, remember that the Westin is walking distance to Old Town Pasadena, close to excellent restaurants and bars, across the street from the USC Pacific Asia Museum and the Pasadena Museum of California Art, and close to the Huntington Library & Gardens, the Norton Simon Museum, the Gamble House, and just a short light-rail ride from downtown Los Angeles.

So, if you missed our initial paper proposal deadline, do not give up hope! You have until July 1 to submit a proposal to one of over 70 approved conference sessions that are still in search of one or two strong paper proposals (submit your proposal online at http://www.pamla.org/2016/topic-areas by July 1.)

>From "American Literature before 1865" to "Ancient-Modern Relations," from "Architecture, Space, and Literature" to "Borges' Library" to "Creative Writing: A Shimmer of Possibility: Short Fiction and the Question of Closure" to "Nordic Literature and Culture" to "Old English Literature, Including Beowulf" to "Permanent Ephemera: Travel Documents and Modernist Writing" to "The Mediterranean: Encounters, Diaspora, and Beyond" to "The New Italians: Migrant Stories in Literature and Film," and to "Wars of Knowledge: Imperial Hegemony and the Assembling of Libraries," there are still dozens and dozens of open sessions in search of that one perfect paper proposal--and you are certainly just the person to submit that perfect proposal!

So, if you or someone you know is interested in joining us, please go here to see the list of sessions open for submissions until July 1: https://www.facebook.com/pamla.org/posts/10153887684594495

If you have any questions about the 2016 PAMLA conference, feel free to email me, or to use that older but warmer technology, the "phone," and give me a call: Executive Director, Craig Svonkin (svonkin at netzero.net or 626-354-7526).

I hope to see you in November in Pasadena, California!  Cheers,  Craig

Craig Svonkin
Executive Director
Pacific Ancient and Modern Language Association
Associate Professor of English, Metropolitan State University of Denver

Yahoo Search
How To Apply For Business Loans
<http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3242/57679d23e85f51d23262bst04vuc>http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL3242/57679d23e85f51d23262bst04vuc