[MGSA-L] Cavafy in translation

Theofanis Stavrou stavr001 at umn.edu
Mon Aug 22 10:57:20 PDT 2016

Dear Peter:

It is good to hear that you are well in body and mind and that you continue
to do good work at age 86.  May you continue on this path with boundless
energy and good health for many years to come.  As you may have noticed, I
have not been attending the MGSA meetings.  I had to make choices, as I
must attend the annual Slavic conventions.  But I miss the old  MGSA
friends, many of whom have already left us. I am still enjoying good health
and I am teaching full time at the University of Minnesota, this being my
56th year of teaching at this institution.  Of course, I am only 82.  And
we are about to  bring out volume 32 of the Yearbook, which (after 32
years) will be the last one  before the publication migrates somewhere
else.  And so life goes on.  I hope that one of these days, our paths
cross.  it will be good to see you again.  I still remember  your
presentation when you visited Minnesota many years ago, and your reading of
Ritsos' poetry.

Be Well,

Theofanis  (G. Stavrou)

--

*Theofanis G. StavrouUniversity of Minnesota 612-624-5734*