[MGSA-L] Greek film screening, Sunday April 17

modgreek at sfsu.edu modgreek at sfsu.edu
Fri Apr 15 13:28:36 PDT 2016

Dear friends,

We are writing about a film screening this weekend of Vassilis Loules' documentary "Kisses to the Children," about Greek Christians who saved five Jewish children during the Nazi occupation. (Apologies to those of you who have already received notice of this event through other channels. Apologies also to those receiving this information for the first time, so close to the event: we'll try to do better next time!)

The screening will take place this Sunday at 1pm at the George and Tula Christopher Center at Holy Trinity Church, 999 Brotherhood Way, San Francisco. The event is free and open to the public; there is plenty of free parking on site. In attendance will be the filmmaker himself, Mr. Loules, who will introduce the documentary and field questions, and Dr. Kostis Kalantzis, the Elios Foundation Visiting Professor of Modern Greek Studies at SF State, who will provide some commentary after the film.

We hope to see many of you at the event this Sunday!

With warmest wishes,

David Leitao, Director, Center for Modern Greek Studies

Alexandra Pappas, Associate Director