[MGSA-L] (DEADLINE April 24!) CfA: Nationalism, Religion and Violence Summer Seminar in Prague (2016)

Kateřina Králová kralova at fsv.cuni.cz
Tue Apr 5 09:23:32 PDT 2016

Dear all,

Deadline approaching for *Summer Seminar on Nationalism, Religion and
Violence in Europe <http://nrvsschool.fsv.cuni.cz/?page_id=12> (2016)
*organized
by the Charles University in Prague and International Hellenic University
in Thessaloniki and supported by the LSEE, PRIO and CEFRES, which is ready
to launch its fourth year. A great deal of it is focusing on Central and
South-East Europe. Therefore, I would like to ask you for distribution.

A key goal of the Summer Seminar, taking place in *Prague from June 20 to
July 1, 2016*, is to contribute in a substantial way to the study of
violence and to catalyze the growth of the study of violence as a field. It
is led by international researchers from universities and institutions with
excellent reputation such as USHMM, Sciences Po, New York University,
George Washington University, University of Edinburgh, University of
Montreal, and University of Sydney, targeting students and graduates of
Political Science, History, Anthropology, International Relations,
International Law, Journalism and other related disciplines. The course can
be taken by both undergraduate and (post-)graduate students.

*Deadline for application: **April 24, 2016*

We believe that the success we had in the previous seminars *Nationalism,
Religion and Violence in SE Europe* in Thessaloniki in 2013 and 2015
and *Nationalism,
Religion and Violence in Europe* in Prague in 2014 will enable us to
continue educating intellectual elites in the region and globally as well
as stimulating intercultural understanding.

Please help us attract the potential candidates in your surroundings. We
are sure that with your support we will be able to accomplish our goals.
Please forward this email to those you think would benefit from
participation. We would very much appreciate your involvement.

For more details please see the attachment and visit the website of
the *Nationalism,
Religion and Violence Summer Seminar:* http://nrvsschool.fsv.cuni.cz/.

If you or anyone has any questions about the summer seminar, please feel
free to contact us at any time at nrvsschool at fsv.cuni.cz.

You can also check our Facebook page
<https://www.facebook.com/nrvsummerseminar/> for current information, news
and updates.

Best regards,

Katerina Kralova
*Katerina Kralova*
Assistant Professor <http://krvs.fsv.cuni.cz/KRVS-24.html>, Institute for
International Studies, Charles University in Prague
https://cuni.academia.edu/KaterinaKralova
2015 Visiting Fellow
<http://www.ushmm.org/research/competitive-academic-programs/fellows-and-scholars/all-fellows-and-scholars/katerina-kralova-2015>
at
the USHMM, Washington D.C.
Jack, Joseph and Morton Mandel Center for Advanced Holocaust Studies

Latest publication *Minderheiten im sozialistischen Jugoslawien
<http://www.peterlang.de/index.cfm?event=cmp.ccc.seitenstruktur.detailseiten&seitentyp=produkt&pk=89396&concordeid=267026>*
now
available at the publisher. Book on Greek-German relation *Das Vermächtnis
der Besatzung <http://www.boehlau-verlag.com/978-3-412-50362-8.html>
*forthcoming
in German at Böhlau Vlg.