[MGSA-L] Fw: [ascsa_alumni] Refugee Aid

Van Steen, Gonda gonda at ufl.edu
Tue Sep 29 09:42:12 PDT 2015

Dear Friends,

This was sent to the ASCSA alumni, but it may be of interest to anyone who is following the refugee situation in Greece.

Begin forwarded message:
Dear Alumni,

As you all know, Greece and Europe are faced with a refugee crisis currently. In order to help those who are impacted by this situation, the School has decided to sponsor a collection drive for refugees that are in Greece. Here in Athens, we are collecting food, medicines, and shoes for "Doctors of the World" and "Meta-Drasi," who will then forward them to the islands of Kos, Lesvos, and Eidomene. We plan to hold the drive until December.

We wanted to pass along the information for a few organizations that are providing refugee relief and assistance, so that you can help the efforts here in Greece:

*         Doctors of the World / ??????? ??? ??????<http://mdmgreece.gr/en/missions/in-greece/>: Collections of food, medicines, and shoes, to be distributed in Kos, Lesvos & Eidomene

*         M???-????? (Meta-Drasi)<http://www.metadrasi.org/eng/content/whoweare1>

*         UN Refugee Agency-UNHCR<https://www.unhcr.gr/how2help/>: Donations to help provide sleeping bags, carry-mats, first-aid kits, and tents

*         Other organizations: ?????????? ??? / Kos Solidarity (though, currently, they are unable to accept any more goods due to lack of storage space); ???????, ?????? ??? ??????? ????????/Aggalia, Lesvos church of Kerami (for the priest Stratis, who died recently, see this video<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SaKoHS21Ya4>).

*         Amnesty International's petition<https://www.amnesty.org/en/latest/campaigns/2015/09/volunteers-help-refugees-survive-while-europes-leaders-still-search-for-solutions/> regarding the situation in Greece

Please feel free to forward this widely to anyone that you know who wants to help those in need here.

We have a strong and proud tradition at the School for helping in times of crisis in the past, especially refugee relief. We can all try to continue the same today.

All best wishes,
Dylan Rogers, Leda Costaki, and Natalia Vogeikoff-Brogan

--
Dylan Rogers
Assistant Director