[MGSA-L] Reminder: MGSA conference, Informal Meeting, Saturday 6-7pm

Despina Lalaki dl72 at nyu.edu
Sat Oct 17 08:51:06 PDT 2015

Dear friends and colleagues,

Many of us within the field of Modern Greek Studies have been closely
following the unraveling of the economic and the social crisis in Greece.
Many also have been conducting research on various aspects of the crisis,
helping us to deepen our understanding of a situation that is complex and
multifaceted. Still others have taken up active roles as public scholars
and intellectuals directly communicating with and thinking alongside a
general, non-academic public. Yet I believe there is more to be done.
Thus, I invite everyone in attendance to take this opportunity at the 24th
Biennial Symposium to explore ways we could possibly support communities
and organizations in dire need of help during this time of crisis. Please
come to an informal open discussion on this topic which I am organizing on
Saturday, October 17 at the Ann Cramer Room during the last hour of the
reception 6-7.

I look forward to seeing you all there!

Best wishes,

Despina Lalaki
Adjunct Assistant Professor
Department of Social Science
New York City College of Technology-CUNY