[MGSA-L] MGSA Constitutional Amendment

Karakatsanis, Neovi M nkarakat at iusb.edu
Sat Aug 8 05:20:55 PDT 2015

Dear MGSA Members,

I'm pleased to announce the results of this summer's vote on the proposed MGSA constitutional amendments.  The proposed amendments, which would allow for electronic voting for Executive Board elections (as well as by postal ballot), passed with the support of an overwhelming majority of our members.  Specifically, the Association received a total of 185 ballots, with 182 in favor of the amendments.  We believe that the amendments' passage will not only simplify Executive Board elections and cut down on mailing and other costs, but it will also further increase membership participation in voting.

On behalf of the MGSA Executive Board, I would like to thank you for your support of the constitutional amendments and for such a remarkable response rate.  This important alteration to the Association's voting procedures could not have happened without your participation and support.

Thank you again,

Neovi Karakatsanis, MGSA President