[MGSA-L] James Merrill and Greece

George Baloglou gbaloglou at gmail.com
Sat Apr 18 07:36:28 PDT 2015

Interestingly, both reviewers fail to mention Greece and/or the Greeks,
despite "a quarter of the book being devoted to Merrill's rich and
life-long relation to Greece and to his relationships with Greeks"!

[To be precise, there is momentary reference to a house Merrill owned in
Athens (first review) and to Kimon Friar's Greek origins (second review).]

And a good review of the book in the NYT April 15.

--

Γιώργος Μπαλόγλου -- Θεσσαλονίκη

http://www.oswego.edu/~baloglou (1988 - 2008)

http://crystallomath.wordpress.com (2009 - )