[MGSA-L] Please read the latest issue of the MGSA Bulletin

Karakatsanis, Neovi M nkarakat at iusb.edu
Fri Apr 3 12:12:48 PDT 2015

Dear colleagues,

We would like to call your attention to the second electronic issue of the MGSA Bulletin,  http://mgsa.org/pdfs/bulletins/2015_MGSA_Bulletin.pdf, edited by the MGSA Executive Director, Gonda Van Steen, with several contributions from members. This issue of the Bulletin highlights many exciting developments within the MGSA and helps our members stay informed about academic activities and MGSA grants, share professional developments, and get involved in MGSA governance.

To learn more about our upcoming Symposium at Georgia State University, we encourage you to read "Symposium 24" and to register soon for what promises to be an intellectually stimulating gathering in the heart of the American south from October 15-18, 2015.  This issue of the Bulletin will also call your attention to exciting new developments in the Journal of Modern Greek Studies as well as the e-JMGS Occasional Papers, an online, open-access supplement to our Journal.  If you haven't already done so, please consider recommending a subscription to the Journal or to Project Muse to your library.

Finally, please read the notice on a proposed Ballot for an upcoming Constitutional Amendment (p. 5), which is supported unanimously by the MGSA's Executive Board.  You will learn that the Executive Board is proposing a change to the MGSA constitution that will enable future Executive Board elections to be conducted electronically (in addition to postal ballot).  A printed ballot with the proposed amendments will be mailed to you shortly.  To pass this amendment, we need two-thirds of our membership to approve it.  Thus, we are asking each and everyone of our members to complete the ballot (soon to arrive by postal mail) and to return it to us in the self-addressed envelope (also included) by August 1, 2015.

Thank you for your continued membership and interest in the Modern Greek Studies Association.  Do let us know if we can be of any assistance as you promote learning of Modern Greece, including the Greek diaspora.

On behalf of the MGSA Executive Board,

Neovi Karakatsanis, President
Gonda Van Steen, Executive Director
Modern Greek Studies Association