[MGSA-L] Screenings at Yale: Markopoulos/Beaver today ; Cacoyannis next week

Syrimis, George george.syrimis at yale.edu
Thu Sep 11 08:22:02 PDT 2014

Thursday, September 11, 7:00 PM
Whitney Humanities Auditorium, 53 Wall Street

Markopoulos/Beavers: Experimental Films/Experimental Lives

Christmas USA (Gregory Markopoulos, 1949, 16mm)
Through a Lens Brightly: Mark Turbyfill (Gregory Markopoulos, 1967, 16mm)
Early Monthly Segments (Robert Beavers, 1968-70, 35mm)
Gilbert & George (Gregory Markopoulos, 1970, 16mm)
Listening to the Space in my Room (Robert Beavers, 2010, 16mm)

Introduced and followed by a conversation with experimental filmmaker Robert Beavers and Mark Webber (Editor of Film as Film: The Collected Writings of Gregory J. Markopoulos)

The event is co-sponsored by the Film Studies Program, Hellenic Studies Program, Yale Film Colloquium,  Yale School of Art, and Films at the Whitney.

________________________________
Friday and Saturday, September 19 & 20
Whitney Humanities Auditorium, 53 Wall Street

Euripides's Women on Film: Iphigenia, The Trojan Women, and Elektra in Michael Cacoyannis's Trojan War Trilogy

Friday, September 19, 7:00 PM
Iphigenia (Greece, 1977) 127 min. Irene Papas as Clytemnestra

Saturday, September 20
3:30 pm.
The Trojan Women (Greece, 1971) 105 min. Katherine Hepburn as Hecuba, Vanessa Redgrave as Andromache,
Geneviéve Bujold as Cassandra, and Irene Papas as Helen

7:00 pm
Electra (Greece, 1962) 110 min. Irene Papas as Electra

Co-organized by the Department of Classics, Directed Studies, Hellenic Studies, and Films at the Whitney.

For more information about the Program's activities visit our website at http://www.yale.edu/macmillan/hsp . Please also visit our “Community Events” section for local activities. You can also find us on Facebook. Search for “Hellenic Studies Program, Yale University”

The activities of the Hellenic Studies Program are generously funded by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Center for Hellenic Studies at Yale University.