[MGSA-L] Film screening: Markopoulos/Beavers: Experimental Films/Experimental Lives

Syrimis, George george.syrimis at yale.edu
Wed Sep 3 09:11:04 PDT 2014

Thursday, September 11, 7:00 PM
Whitney Humanities Auditorium, 53 Wall Street

Markopoulos/Beavers: Experimental Films/Experimental Lives

Christmas USA (USA, 1949) 8 min. 16mm
Eros, O Basileus, (USA, 1967) 45 min. 16mm
Director Gregory Markopoulos

Listening to the Space in my Room (Switzerland, 2010) 19 min. 16mm
Director Robert Beavers

Introduced and followed by a conversation with experimental filmmaker Robert Beavers and Mark Webber (Editor of Film as Film: The Collected Writings of Gregory J. Markopoulos)

The event is co-sponsored by the Film Studies Program, Hellenic Studies Program, Yale Film Colloquium, and Films at the Whitney.

For more information about the Program's activities visit our website at http://www.yale.edu/macmillan/hsp . Please also visit our “Community Events” section for local activities. You can also find us on Facebook. Search for “Hellenic Studies Program, Yale University”

The activities of the Hellenic Studies Program are generously funded by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Center for Hellenic Studies at Yale University.