[MGSA-L] Fw: Fwd: A Greek admirer of Nikos Kazantzakis

Roland Moore rolandmo at pacbell.net
Thu Nov 20 22:49:17 PST 2014

On Wednesday, November 19, 2014 7:39 AM, Mary Kallinikou <mairi.kalli108 at gmail.com> wrote:

Mr. Peter A. Bien suggested to me to contact you about announcing my
great concern and inspiration of Nikos Kazantzakis on the MGSA
website

I am a Greek literature teacher with a MA degree in Classics from
Leeds University, UK.
Two were the axis of my life: Plato and Nikos Kazantzakis.From my
universitian age (1973-1977) I felt enlighten on Kazantzakis
"phenomenon." But, I still "suffer" from Kazantzakis's wonderful
"illness."
Now, I hope to find an opportunity, with your precious suggestion, to
compose and write something concerning the Platonic influence of
N.Kazantzakis or something you might propose me. I already started
comparing the "Symposium" of Kazantzakis with the Platonic
"Symposium". Furthermore, I discern an obvious Platonic spirit (as a
Bergsonian too), perhaps, in almost all of Nicko's masterpieces.
It would be lucky and "relieved" if I could be involved with a Greek
department in a University or College in USA, that is interesting in
N.Kazantzakis spirit.

Sincerelly yours,

Mary Kallinikou