[MGSA-L] Fw: News and Views from the AHC

Roland Moore rolandmo at pacbell.net
Fri May 30 22:37:35 PDT 2014

On Friday, May 30, 2014 8:36 PM, AHC Director <director at americanhellenic.org> wrote:

If you cannot read this email, please click here

 May 2014

News & Views

________________________________

Remembering the Fall of Constantinople
May 29, 1453

Click the titles below to see these documentaries:

	1. Θρήνος της Αλώσεως - Χρόνης
Αηδονίδης
	2. Σαν
τα Μάρμαρα της Πόλης -  Γιώτα
Βέη
	3. Η Άλωση
της Πόλης-The Fall of Constantinople
Thanks to The Hellenic Library of Southern California

________________________________

The Greek America Foundation, a Chicago-based organization dedicated to preserving
Greek culture and history is partnering with Chrysovalantis Stamelos and Crescent Street Films to document an historic event taking place in Turkey on May
31st. Stamelos is a New York native now living and working in Turkey.
Read More

Remaking Greece
The Greek participation at the 14th International Architecture Exhibition - La Biennale di Venezia, under the title Tourism Landscapes: Remaking Greece, is directed and curated by the National
Commissioner architect and Professor Yannis Aesopos. It explores the role of tourism as a vehicle of modernisation of
Greece through the emergence of constructed tourism landscapes: hotels and resorts, organized beaches, archaeological sites and museums, public space
designs and infrastructure facilities.
Read More

Cyprus in the News
Vice President Joe Biden and Dr. Biden Arrive in Cyprus.  History was made in Cyprus this past week as Vice-President Joe Biden became the highest-ranking US official to visit the country in over
50 years (the last was Lyndon B. Johnson in 1962).

Read Vice-President Biden's
remarks to the press

THE
CYPRUS CONFLICT...1974-2014

This year marks the 40th Anniversary Commemoration of the Invasion of Cyprus and the birth of the American Hellenic Council. We shall
not forget that a large part of Cyprus is still under occupation. At the AHC, we have been and will keep working by educating and reminding the
American public and US policymakers of the ongoing occupation of the island.

Hi, just a reminder that you're receiving this email because
you have expressed an interest in the American Hellenic Council. Don't forget to add director at americanhellenic.org to your address book so we'll be
sure to land in your inbox! To share with friends, click the Social Share Links below: The AHC does not endorse, support or oppose news items, but
provides them for your information. If you have
information that you would like to share with our subscribers, please contact us. Thank you!