[MGSA-L] KARAOLIS AND BRITISH COLONIALISM IN CYPRUS

George Gedeon g.gedeon at sympatico.ca
Thu May 22 08:53:14 PDT 2014

Thank you for the correction George but I still believe that Great Britain was in a difficult position having to deal with Greek and Turkish demands on the island, the rising tensions between the Cypriot Left and Right, the Middle East conflict, the Cold War plus the Cypriot revolt.

Once more, this whole discussion began when Mr Caratzas suggested the Karaolis was killed by the British authorities for his pro-Enosis sentiments without mentioning that he was executed for killing a Cypriot policeman.

As for Turkey, never underestimate their ability to use their armed forces if their national security and interests are threatened.