[MGSA-L] censorship

Karen Van Dyck vandyck at columbia.edu
Tue May 13 06:19:09 PDT 2014

It is worth adding that when I tried to view the webpage in Istanbul this morning this is what I got:

Bu internet sitesi (youtube.com) hakkında 5651 sayılı kanunun 8. Madde 1. fıkra (b) bendi ve 4. fıkrası uyarınca Telekomünikasyon İletişim Başkanlığı tarafından İDARİ TEDBİR uygulanmaktadır.

(The ADMINISTRATION MEASURE which has been taken for this website (youtube.com) based on the subparagraph 4 and 1/b of article 8 of Law Nr. 5651 has been implemented by "Telecommunications Communication Presidency".)

http://www.tib.gov.tr | http://www.guvenlinet.org | http://www.ihbarweb.org.tr *

Karen Van Dyck
Kimon A. Doukas Chair and Director
Program in Hellenic Studies
Classics Department, Columbia University
http://hellenic.columbia.edu