[MGSA-L] The MGSA Greek American Resources Archive

Anagnostou, Georgios anagnostou.1 at osu.edu
Sat May 3 09:20:42 PDT 2014

is now available at http://mgsa.org/Resources/gkam.html
(many thanks to John Maas for the technical support).

The purpose of the "Greek American Resources Archive" is to catalogue information about archival material and to compile a detailed list of resources available in public and academic libraries on the topics of Greek Americans. Additional archives on diaspora and hyphenated Greeks are also included.

Given that archival resources on these topics are widely scattered and not fully documented, the goal is to develop a centralized database that will serve as a tool facilitating research.

This is work in progress. We would welcome web links to relevant resources as well as narratives and/or lists that identify and describe special collections, periodicals, newspaper holdings etc.

In compiling the first instalment of the archive we would like to thank Gail Malmgreen (Tamiment Robert F. Wagner Labor Archives, NYU), James Simon (Center for Research Libraries, and the Preservation of American Hellenic History (PAHH) for contributing valuable information to this project.

We hope that researchers, librarians, and other interested professionals will keep contributing to our initiative.

Georgios (Yiorgos) Anagnostou
Associate Professor
Modern Greek Program
Ohio State University