[MGSA-L] FW: A PLACE CALLED HOME by Maria Douza screening at the Siskel this Friday and next Monday

Katsikas, Stefanos skatsika at illinois.edu
Wed Mar 26 12:21:40 PDT 2014

Dear friends of Modern Greek Studies,

For those of you who happen to be in Chicago this coming Friday March 28th or on Monday March 31st, please read the following message from Nikos Franghias, FilmHellenes Chicago. "A Place Called Home (2013)", by filmmaker Maria Douza will be screened at the 17th annual European Union Film Festival at the Gene Siskel Film Center.

All very best,
Stephanos Katsikas
Stephanos Katsikas MA, PhD (London) | Director of Modern Greek Studies & Language Coordinator of Modern Greek | SLCL | 707 S. Matthews Avenue, Urbana IL 61801, USA | Tel. +1 (217) 300 7188 | Fax. +1 (217) 244-8430 | http://www.linguistics.illinois.edu/people/skatsika
Modern Greek Studies Program Social Media:  http://www.moderngreek.illinois.edu/ | Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Modern-Greek-Studies-at-Illinois/137216379679018
Check out my books:
Negotiating Diplomacy in the New Europe: Foreign Policy in Post-communist Bulgaria (2011, Scouloudi Publication Award, Institute of Historical Research, University of London):
http://us.macmillan.com/negotiatingdiplomacyintheneweurope/StefanosKatsikas

Bulgaria and Europe: Shifting Identities (ed.), (2010): http://www.anthempress.com/bulgaria-and-europe-hb

State Nationalisms in the Ottoman Empire, Greece and Turkey: Orthodox and Muslims, 1830-1945 (co-editor) (2012):  http://www.routledge.com/books/details/9780415690560/