[MGSA-L] Fw: Honoring Professor Maria Pantelia

Roland Moore rolandmo at pacbell.net
Tue Mar 11 12:28:16 PDT 2014

Dear MGSA-L members,

In addition to all of the accolades listed below, I'd like to note that Professor Maria Pantelia is one of the founders of our list, and graciously secured University of California, Irvine hosting in 1993 both for the list all the way to the present and for our website for many years -- for which we should all be very grateful.

She balances a wide-ranging scholarly vision with a nose-to-the-grindstone practicality, harnessing massive computing power in order to broaden our understanding of the amazing corpus of Greek writing through time - Axia!

-Roland