[MGSA-L] FW: Job Opening at AHI

Van Steen, Gonda gonda at ufl.edu
Fri Jun 6 08:32:36 PDT 2014

Forwarded message:

________________________________

From: American Hellenic Institute [sitemaster at ahiworld.org]
Sent: Friday, June 06, 2014 10:59 AM
To: Van Steen, Gonda
Subject: Job Opening at AHI

[Announcement]
        June 6, 2014

Job Opening at AHI in Washington, DC
Office Manager Position Open at AHI

The American Hellenic Institute is looking for a bright and responsible individual who is willing to learn quickly and become an important part of our organization. This position is suitable for a bilingual (English/working knowledge of Greek) individual who possesses the ability to achieve in an environment that handles multiple tasks and projects on an ongoing basis, where teamwork, accuracy, and attention to detail is essential. Background in business, management, or finance is a plus.

The Office Manager is responsible for a variety of administrative and clerical duties necessary to run the organization efficiently and provide administrative support to the President. The duties will include maintaining office services by organizing office operations and procedures; preparing payroll; controlling correspondence; designing filing systems; tracking budget expenses; and maintain membership data files. The applicant must be a U.S. citizen and have excellent oral and written communication skills, a bachelor’s degree, strong computer skills and be proficient in Quicken (Accounting) MS Word, MS Excel, MS Outlook, and MS Access.

Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience and qualifications. Benefits include two weeks vacation and health insurance. If you take pride in working with a great team and have the flexibility to easily switch gears we may have the job for you! To learn more about our organization, please visit our website at www.ahiworld.org<http://www.ahiworld.org/>.

AHI is a 501(c)(6) non-profit tax-exempt public policy business league, which provides an organization and program for strengthening relations between the United States and Greece and Cyprus, and within the American Hellenic community.

Interested candidates should forward a resume with cover letter to Yola Pakhchanian at: <mailto:yolap at ahiworld.org> yolap at ahiworld.org<mailto:yolap at ahiworld.org> with the Subject line AHI OFFICE MANAGER APPLICANT: [Your Name].

The American Hellenic Institute is a nonprofit public policy organization that works to strengthen relations between the United States and Greece and Cyprus, and also within the American Hellenic community.

AHI Headquarters • 1220 16th Street, NW | Washington, D.C. 20036
Phone 202-785-8430 | Fax 202-785-5178 | www.ahiworld.org<http://www.ahiworld.org>