[MGSA-L] Fall MGS courses

modgreek at sfsu.edu modgreek at sfsu.edu
Mon Jul 28 10:52:50 PDT 2014

Dear All,

Please see our list of Fall MGS courses.  If you have any questions, please feel feee to contact me at 415-338-1892.

Thanks,
Stacie

MGS 150.1: Modern Greek I
Modern (demotic) Greek for beginners emphasizing oral expression, listening comprehension, reading and writing.
Grammar introduced in context of readings. [5 units]
Monday & Wednesday, 2:10 — 3:50 pm
Room # HUM 118
Professor Klironomos

MGS 150.2: Modern Greek I
Modern (demotic) Greek for beginners emphasizing oral expression, listening comprehension, reading and writing.
Grammar introduced in context of readings. [5 units]
Tuesday & Thursday, 7:10 — 8:50 pm
Room # HUM 286
Ismini Ioannou

MGS 397/ENG 398: Greek AmericanLiterature
Prerequisites: ENG 114 or equivalent.
A survey of the major Greek American authors and filmmakers, including Helen Papanikolas, Harry Mark Petrakis, Elia
Kazan, and Jeffrey Eugenides. [3 units]. GE
Wednesday, 6:10 — 8:55 pm
Room# HUM 119
Professor Klironomos

MGS 555: Introduction to Modern Greek Literar y Texts
Prerequisites: MGS 470 or equivalent.
Reading and translation of selected texts in modern Greek literature. Modern Greek grammar for upperdivision students. [3 units]
Monday, 4:10 — 6:55 pm
Room # BH 338
Ismini Ioannou