[MGSA-L] An inauspicious anniversary

Christos D. Katsetos cd_katsetos at yahoo.com
Sat Jul 19 22:55:09 PDT 2014

On the occasion of the 40th anniversary of the Turkish military invasion
and annexation of the northern part of Cyprus, I would like to post a
documentary titled "The Cyprus Problem, Still Divided 1974"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9QjnFqqt8BM

In the spirit of the day, below find links to

-- Michael Cacoyiannis'  documentary film "Attila 1974". This timeless
 documentary captures the Turkish invasion of Cyprus, also known as Attila I,
on July 20, 1974 and its disastrous aftermath. The URL below is the film's full version.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DiYD8WeoLQE

-- A rare ERT documentary by Melina Mercouri filmed in Cyprus in July 1975,
a year after the invasion. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwSvqRf52vQ

-- [MGSA-L] Αποφράδα Επέτειος (39th Attila anniversary -- July 20, 1974)
http://maillists.uci.edu/pipermail/mgsa-l/2013-July/002596.html

-- Rare footage from the arrival of Turkish paratroopers to one of the Turkish
Cypriot enclaves in Cyprus on July 20, 1974
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0URxxh1b7-k
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H0wU5pB5IHA

 ======
ΔΕΝ ΞΕΧΝΩ