[MGSA-L] Modern Greek History position at Hellenic Institute, Royal Holloway

George Baloglou gbaloglou at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 04:14:58 PST 2014

In celebration ... here is a full acount of the Battle of Navarino ("by a
British seaman") that is apparently available to be read online, fully and
legally, at
https://play.google.com/books/reader?id=YKpWAAAAcAAJ&hl=el&printsec=frontcover&output=reader

[This anonymous account, running into about 200 pages, was published in
Glaskow in 1829 under the title LIFE ON BOARD A MAN-OF-WAR ... and
reprinted by Whitefish (Montana) in 2010 -- this information comes from
volume 56 of ΣΤΡΑΤΙΩΤΙΚΗ ΙΣΤΟΡΙΑ (devoted to the Navarino naval battle)
which, by a happy coincidence, I was browsing through over breakfast in
rainy Thessaloniki this morning.]

--

Γιώργος Μπαλόγλου -- Θεσσαλονίκη

http://www.oswego.edu/~baloglou (1988 - 2008)