[MGSA-L] Cold War Film Series

Syrimis, George george.syrimis at yale.edu
Tue Feb 11 10:02:55 PST 2014

Cold War History and Culture in Europe
Film Series
Spring 2014

Wednesday, February 12
The Battle of Algiers, Gillo Pontecorvo (1966, 121 mins)

Wednesday, February 19
Dr. Strangelove, Stanley Kubrick (1964, 95 mins)

Wednesday, February 26
Z, Costas Gavras (1969, 127 mins)

Wednesday, March 5
The Life of Others, Florian Henckel von Donnersmarck (2006, 137 mins)

Wednesday, April 9, 6:00-
Good Bye, Lenin!,  Wolfgang Becker (2003, 121 mins)

Wednesday, April 16
Underground, Emir Kusturica (1995, 167 mins)

Wednesday, April 23
Ulysses’ Gaze, Theo Angelopoulos, (1995, 176 mins)

All films will be screened on Wednesdays at 6:00 PM in Luce Hall 203, 34 Hillhouse Avenue, New Haven.

Free and open to the public.

The films are screened in the context of a class on the history and culture of the Cold War in Europe currently offered by Konstantina Maragkou and George Syrimis, Hellenic Studies Program.

For more information about the Program's activities visit our website at http://www.yale.edu/macmillan/hsp . Please also visit our “Community Events” section for local activities. You can also find us on Facebook. Search for “Hellenic Studies Program, Yale University”   The activities of the Hellenic Studies Program are generously funded by the Stavros Niarchos Foundation Center for Hellenic Studies at Yale University.