[MGSA-L] Golden Dawn Abuse of History: Sparta

akis gavriilidis cr33396 at telenet.be
Sat Dec 27 15:06:07 PST 2014

Most of it is accurate. The only inaccuracy I found is in fact even more in favour of the argument: Maniatika was not settled by Maniot families in the 1950s, but much earlier (beginning of the 20th century).
https://maniatika.wordpress.com/2012/09/29/%CE%BF%CE%B9-%CE%BC%CE%B1%CE%BD%CE%B9%CE%AC%CF%84%CE%B5%CF%82-%CF%84%CE%BF%CF%85-%CF%80%CE%B5%CE%B9%CF%81%CE%B1%CE%B9%CE%AC/
When the "bloko" of Nikaia (Kokkinia) took place in August 1944, the Nazi + collaborators invaded there from the Maniatika, which is immediately adjacent and was a much more favourable territory for them. Nikaia was the place where the late musician Pavlos Fyssas was murdered almost two years ago.
In the 2014 elections, GD had its highest score in Lakonia (15,48%), the prefecture where Mani belongs to.