[MGSA-L] Proceedings of the 7th Postgraduate Conference of the Faculty of Philology, National and Kapodistrian University of Athens

Roland Moore rolandmo at pacbell.net
Tue Dec 23 06:20:10 PST 2014

From: Ilias Kolokouris <iliaskolok at gmail.com>

Dear all,

This is to announce the online publication of the proceedings of our Postgraduate Conference at the Faculty of Philology, of the University of Athens.
Postgraduate Students not only from Greece, Thessaloniki and Athens, but also from univeristies abroad (for example University of Lancaster, University of Reading and Paris Sorbonne) took part with their talks.

One might question the academic standards or the quality of the universities in Greece. These two volumes are here to prove that despite the crisis, despite the problems and the very low funding, public universities in Greece still try hard and together, students and professors struggle to produce academically credible works. Some of these works are here on these proceedings. As very well put by Erasmia-Louisa Stavropoulou, Professor of  Modern Greek Literature at the University of Athens, these proceedings can be "the answer to all criticism against public university and the truth about the work being done in it, among a young generation of researchers, that under extremely difficult conditions for our country, articulate their scientific debate, in the hope of preparing a better future for themselves and their families, the study of Philology and our country."

The link for the proceedings is here:

https://sites.google.com/site/7athensconference/proceedings

Thank you,
Καλά Χριστούγεννα και καλή Πρωτοχρονιά σε όλους

Ilias Kolokouris

Master's in teaching Modern Greek as a foreign language
National and Kapodistrian University of Athens