[MGSA-L] notice of my new book about an American's experience of resistance to the Colonels

Steve Fox sfox at nets.com
Fri Dec 5 11:46:39 PST 2014

Dear members of the list,

My book, /Odyssey: Love and Terror in Greece, 1969/, has been published
and I would appreciate any reviews or referrals from list members.The
book is about my time in Athens as a young U.S. Air Force lieutenant who
got involved in the resistance against the Colonels in 1969, through the
Democratic Defense group. I had arrived in Athens after serving in
Mississippi in 1967-68, when networks of activists, black and white,
civilian and military, were working to undermine Mississippi’s
police-state oppression. Meeting dissenters to the Colonels in Athens,
both Greek and American, further radicalized my political awareness.

You can read the first chapter of the book on my website,
www.stevefoxtaos.com/writings/newbook
<http://www.stevefoxtaos.com/writings/newwbook>, and buy the book there
on a link to the publisher.You can read a number of five-star reviews at
the book’s page on Amazon.com/books. Several videos of 6-minute excerpts
of me reading from key scenes in the book are posted on my YouTube channel.

I have presented the book at Greek Festivals in Marin County, California
and Santa Fe, New Mexico. Between the two festivals, some 70 people
bought the book.At the Marin festival in Novato, Mr. Steve Sarabellis,
now 100 years old and living in the area, told me that he worked for
Col. Gus Francis (nee Frantzenkakis) when both were in the U.S. Army in
Athens in 1967. “Gus Francis set up the coup for the Colonels while he
was NATO liaison in Athens,” Mr. Sarabellis told me. In Santa Fe, Alex
Pattakos, grand nephew of General Pattakos of the Colonels’ junta, told
me of his still-living grand uncle and his own work in the Victor Frankl
tradition.