[MGSA-L] Princeton Hellenic Studies Student Presentation: December 4, 2014

Dimitri H. Gondicas gondicas at Princeton.EDU
Thu Dec 4 10:37:03 PST 2014

Princeton University

Seeger Center for Hellenic Studies

and

Council of the Humanities

Student Presentation

A Hellenic Journey: Texts in Context

Undergraduate Students: Ayesha Ahmed, Cat Andre, Claire Ashmead, Max Bedford, Solveig Gold, Mairead Horton, Jack Katzenstein, George Kunkel, Lily Lesser, Lara Norgaard, Steffan Seitz, Catalina Trigo

with
Jonny Thakkar
Society of Fellows in the Liberal Arts

[cid:image003.jpg at 01D00FBD.BB969D30]

Twelve Princeton undergraduate students who took HUM 216-217 (fall 2013) spent the fall mid-term break (2014) in Greece. Our trip was led by Jonny Thakkar and we explored sites (ancient, medieval, and modern) and museums, with a focus on the layering of cultures, historical transitions, and the reception of the classical traditions across time and space.  We examined the history, art, architecture and literature of the sites and we met with experts, scholars, and writers.  In this presentation, we will share some of our experiences and present the research projects we pursued in Greece.

This trip was made possible by grants of the David A. Gardner Magic Project and the Erric B. Kertsikoff Hellenic Studies Fund.

Thursday, December 4, 2014
6:00 p.m.
Scheide Caldwell House, Room 103