[MGSA-L] Fwd: Arahova's Roland Moore

Christos D. Katsetos cd_katsetos at yahoo.com
Tue Aug 26 15:24:19 PDT 2014

Warmest congratulations to Roland Moore! Despite his successful career
a researcher and an authority on the relationship between employment and
alcohol and tobacco consumption patterns and problems in young adults
(attested by his solid track record of NIH funding and impressive body of published
works), Roland has not forgotten his roots as an ethnographer. His masterful
techniques of ethnographic fieldwork go back to his doctoral dissertation at
UC Berkeley in 1992 titled “From Shepherds to Shopkeepers: The Development
of Tourism in a Central Greek Town.” http://www.arachovamuseum.gr/pdfs/scientific_committee/rolandmoore.pdf

Dr. Moore's longstanding dedication to Arahova's folklore is exemplary and
deeply touching. Thank you Roland Moore for quintessentially embodying the
persona of a Philhellene. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CadlXMME7pY

CDK

Christos D. Katsetos, MD, PhD, FRCPath
http://www.drexelmed.edu/Home/AboutOurFaculty/ChristosKatsetos.aspx