[MGSA-L] CMGS Fall 2014 courses

modgreek at sfsu.edu modgreek at sfsu.edu
Thu Aug 14 15:47:16 PDT 2014

Dear All,

Please see our list of Fall MGS courses.  School starts on Monday, August 25.

Please feel free to forward this message to anyone who might be interested in taking our classes.

If you have any questions, please contact us at 415-338-1892 or write to us at modgreek at sfsu.edu.

Thank you,

Center for Modern Greek Studies
San Francisco State University

MGS 150.1: Modern Greek I
Modern (demotic) Greek for beginners emphasizing oral expression, listening comprehension, reading and writing.
Grammar introduced in context of readings. [5 units].  The fifth hour will be conducted online.
Monday & Wednesday, 2:10 — 3:50 pm
Room # HUM 118
Professor Klironomos

MGS 150.2: Modern Greek I
Modern (demotic) Greek for beginners emphasizing oral expression, listening comprehension, reading and writing.
Grammar introduced in context of readings. [5 units].  The fifth hour will be conducted online.
Tuesday & Thursday, 7:10 — 8:50 pm
Room # HUM 286
Ismini Ioannou

MGS 397/ENG 398: Greek AmericanLiterature
Prerequisites: ENG 114 or equivalent.
A survey of the major Greek American authors and filmmakers, including Helen Papanikolas, Harry Mark Petrakis, Elia
Kazan, and Jeffrey Eugenides. [3 units]. GE - Social Justice-Overlay
Wednesday, 6:10 — 8:55 pm
Room# HUM 119
Professor Klironomos

MGS 555: Introduction to Modern Greek Literar y Texts
Prerequisites: MGS 470 or equivalent.
Reading and translation of selected texts in modern Greek literature. Modern Greek grammar for upperdivision students. [3 units]
Monday, 4:10 — 6:55 pm
Room # BH 338
Ismini Ioannou