[MGSA-L] Fwd: june amalia important

June Samaras june.samaras at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 21:22:23 PDT 2014

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Amalia Melis <amalia at aegeanartscircle.com>
Date: 29 April 2014 05:29

                     *************

*2014 AEGEAN ARTS CIRCLE Writing Workshops in Andros*

*with Award winning author*

*Thomas E. Kennedy*

*June 25th-July 4th  2014*

*Aegean Arts Circle will be offering intensive writing workshops for the
twelfth year in a row. The small workshop groups are for aspiring and
published writers. We meet and work in Andros, a quiet Cycladic island.
These workshops are meant to give us time away from everyday distractions
to focus on our writing. We get the chance to interact and learn from each
other and an inspiring author.  Each writer gets a single room with private
balcony overlooking the sea. The  chef makes meals for our group each
night. We meet every day with the instructor and have plenty of private
time to write.  Private small beach, pool, taverna, restaurant at hotel.
Short walk to Gavrio port town. One day off to visit Hora, capital of
Andros; Goulandris museums, villages. For more information, please contact:
info at aegeanartscircle.com <info at aegeanartscircle.com>  *

*Registration: OPEN *

* Thomas E. Kennedy's 30+ books include novels, story and essay
collections, literary criticism, translation, and anthologies.   His most
recent books are his prize-winning critically praised Copenhagen Quartet -
four independent novels about the souls and seasons of the Danish capital:
In the Company of Angels (2010), Falling Sideways (2011), Kerrigan in
Copenhagen, A Love Story (2013), and the forthcoming Beneath the Neon Egg
(2014), all published world-wide by Bloomsbury New York and London. Getting
Lucky: New & Selected Stories, 1982-2012 was published by New American
Press (2013).  *

*He has published hundreds of stories, essays, and translations in such
magazines as The New Yorker, North American Review, Gettysburg Review,
Kenyon Review, Sewanee Review, The Southern Review, New Letters, Epoch,
Ecotone, Boston Review, The Literary Review, and many others and has won,
inter alia, the Pushcart Prize, the O. Henry Prize, and a National Magazine
Award for an essay that was reprinted in Best American Magazine Writing,
2008.  He is Advisory Editor for The Literary Review and Absinthe: New
European Writing and Contributing Editor for the Pushcart Prize since 1990.*

*Kennedy holds an M.F.A. from the Vermont College of Fine Arts and a Ph.D.
from the University of Copenhagen and teaches both fiction and creative
nonfiction writing at the low residency M.F.A. program at Fairleigh
Dickinson University in the U.S. and U.K.  Two of his novels won an Eric
Hoffer Award and another was a finalist in the Foreword Magazine Award.  He
was born in the U.S. and moved to Europe when he was 30, where he now lives
in Denmark.   *

*Websites: **www.thomasekennedy.com <http://www.thomasekennedy.com/>**
and  **www.CphQuartet.com <http://www.cphquartet.com/>*

*For more information about Aegean Arts Circle, write to:
info at aegeanartscircle.com <info at aegeanartscircle.com>  *

*Visit: www.aegeanartscircle.com <http://www.aegeanartscircle.com/>*

[image: AAC Logo]

*Aegean Arts Circle Creative Writing Workshops*

*www.aegeanartscircle.com <http://www.aegeanartscircle.com>*

This email is free from viruses and malware because avast!
Antivirus<http://www.avast.com/>protection is active.