[MGSA-L] Greek neorealism

antonis.danos adanos at cytanet.com.cy
Sun Oct 6 10:35:02 PDT 2013

Dear all,

why is it that when every so often an - academically speaking - interesting
query is made on the List, the person posting it either asks or encourages
respondents to write to him/her off the list?

[This is by no means a criticism for George; his message below just brought
up the issue for me once more].

Back when it was decided that the MGSA List was to be limited - in terms of
who can post - to MGSA members, it was rightly pointed out by several people
that this might be the chance to make the list more academic/research
oriented.

This hasn't quite happened - at least not to the extent that many of us
would like. And, I believe that, one of the reasons for this is that many
research oriented questions are responded to privately.

And I wonder - is this just to avoid 'crowding' people's inboxes, or is it .
good old fashion 'secrecy' about on-going [not-yet-published] research?!:-)

best,

Antonis

Dr Antonis Danos
Assistant Professor [Art History and Theory]
Dept. of Multimedia and Graphic Arts
Cyprus University of Technology
P.O. Box 50329, Limassol 3603, Cyprus

tel.  [357] 25002553, fax. [357] 25002650

 <http://www.cut.ac.cy/mga/research/arthistory>
http://www.cut.ac.cy/mga/research/arthistory