[MGSA-L] Modern Greek Studies Association Symposium Registration Deadline

Hess, Frank flhess at indiana.edu
Thu Oct 3 06:23:20 PDT 2013

Hi everyone,

I hope this message finds you well!  I'm writing you to remind you to register for the symposium before Oct. 15.   After Oct. 15, the cost of registering goes up. Registration is done on-line through the JHUP website:

https://associations.press.jhu.edu/cgi-bin/mgsa/mgsa2013_conference_registration.cgi.

This link is also available from the home page of our own website:

http://mgsa.org/.

If you are still trying to make up your mind about attending, I'd urge you to come. The program features 85 presentations including a number of very interesting special panels and numerous papers focusing on issues of relevance to the Eurozone's ongoing political, economic, and cultural crisis.  The Thursday night session will feature readings by Natalie Bakopoulos and Christopher Bakken.  Friday night's keynote speaker is Yanis Varoufakis who will be speaking about "Being a Greek and an Economist While Greece Burns."  I'm also in the process of finalizing Saturday evening musical entertainment.  More soon on that score!

Bloomington may not be NYC, but this conference is going to be intellectually stimulating and a great time.

Regards,

Frank
Franklin L. Hess
Coordinator, Modern Greek Program