[MGSA-L] Fwd: Scholarship Announcements & Call for Applicants

June Samaras june.samaras at gmail.com
Tue Nov 5 13:34:39 PST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Greek America Foundation <info at greekamerica.org>
Date: 5 November 2013 16:20
Subject: Scholarship Announcements & Call for Applicants
To: june.samaras at gmail.com

      Email not displaying correctly? View it in your
browser<http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=03b2938052eb20792c479129a&id=2f8d9df476&e=ef4267e43f>
.       [image: Greek America
Foundation]<http://greekamerica.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=03b2938052eb20792c479129a&id=3b149b884d&e=ef4267e43f>
[image:
Like http://www.greekamerica.org/ on
Facebook]<http://us2.campaign-archive1.com/?u=03b2938052eb20792c479129a&id=2f8d9df476&fblike=fblike-46c4d7d6&e=ef4267e43f&socialproxy=http%3A%2F%2Fus2.campaign-archive1.com%2Fsocial-proxy%2Ffacebook-like%3Fu%3D03b2938052eb20792c479129a%26id%3D2f8d9df476%26url%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.greekamerica.org%252F%26title%3Dhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.greekamerica.org%252F>
 [image:
share on Twitter]<http://twitter.com/share?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.greekamerica.org%2F&text=Scholarship+Announcements+%26+Call+for+Applicants+via+%40NIC2012NYC&count=none>
 [image:
facebook]<http://greekamerica.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=03b2938052eb20792c479129a&id=f1614276a5&e=ef4267e43f>
 [image: twitter]<http://greekamerica.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=03b2938052eb20792c479129a&id=88fa6275da&e=ef4267e43f>
 [image: youtube]<http://greekamerica.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=03b2938052eb20792c479129a&id=71b118bb48&e=ef4267e43f>

*2013 Fall Scholarship Announcements & Call for Applications*
 *Share with a young person whose life you would like to help change*

 *Call for Applicants! Accepting Applications for our Groundbreaking
Student Programs*
Our student programs comprise the core of the Greek America Foundation's
mission with emphasis on providing impactful opportunities for young people
in our community that will ultimately help them in their life's journey.
Our scholarships, fellowships and internships provide an unparalleled
springboard for growth and development to the young people who participate.
Learn more about these programs and how to apply below.

*2014 Summer Libra Internship Program*
*Deadline: January 20, 2014, 5pm ET*
In conjunction with the Libra Group, our internship program will place
about 20 rising university juniors and seniors in one of Libra’s 25 key
international locations in the summer of 2014.  We are offering these once
in a lifetime opportunities to young people to gain important practical
experience in fields like shipping, aviation, hospitality, real estate and
renewable energy. Click
here<http://greekamerica.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=03b2938052eb20792c479129a&id=d46a7daf40&e=ef4267e43f>for
the application.

*2014 Spring Hellenic Legacy Scholarship Program*
*Deadline: December 2, 2013*
Our Hellenic Legacy scholarship is for college students participating in
study abroad at DEREE - The American College of Greece in Athens for the
2014 spring semester and includes the cash equivalent of full tuition for a
semester. Click
here<http://greekamerica.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=03b2938052eb20792c479129a&id=5e8ec15a45&e=ef4267e43f>for
the application.

*2014-2015 Post-Baccalaureate Fellowship Program*
*Deadline: December 2, 2013*
The post-baccalaureate fellowship program offers graduating seniors and
post-graduate students the opportunity to spend a year immersed in modern
Greek life. The fellowship covers Greek language immersion courses and
places students in a customized internship giving them the opportunity to
gain valuable pre-professional experience in their chosen field. Click
here<http://greekamerica.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=03b2938052eb20792c479129a&id=e295b0f569&e=ef4267e43f>for
the application.

------------------------------

*Read about the lives we’re impacting-- with YOUR help and support!*

*Ellie Manos Shares Her Experience as a Hellenic Legacy Scholar*
This past June, we awarded our first summer Hellenic Legacy
scholarship<http://greekamerica.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=03b2938052eb20792c479129a&id=2d81db7c9f&e=ef4267e43f>to
Ellie Manos. Ellie's scholarship was designed to support her love of
the
arts and her wish to experience Greece for the first time. Click
here<http://greekamerica.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=03b2938052eb20792c479129a&id=d4c9917389&e=ef4267e43f>to
read Ellie’s account of her unforgettable summer honing her artistic
craft. Ellie’s words prove that the apple doesn’t fall far from the tree,
as she is the daughter of James Manos, the Emmy Award winning writer and
producer.

*Alexander Clapp: 2013-2014 Post-Baccalaureate Fellow*
As our 2013-2014 Post-Baccalaureate
fellow<http://greekamerica.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=03b2938052eb20792c479129a&id=c642a04050&e=ef4267e43f>,
Alexander Clapp will spend the academic year immersed in modern Greek life.
His fellowship will allow Alex to enhance his language and professional
skills by taking Greek language courses and interning at the newspaper
*Kathimerini
English Edition*, affiliated with the *International Herald Tribune*. Read
the full announcement by clicking
here<http://greekamerica.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=03b2938052eb20792c479129a&id=ed7e25dd7d&e=ef4267e43f>
.

*Our Fall 2013 Hellenic Legacy Endowed Scholar*
We are proud to announce Alexa Katsigianis from Lasell College as our Fall
2013 Hellenic Legacy
Scholar<http://greekamerica.us2.list-manage1.com/track/click?u=03b2938052eb20792c479129a&id=b4fe0ad014&e=ef4267e43f>for
study abroad in Greece. Alexa will attend a full semester at DEREE -
The American College of Greece in Athens during the fall semester. Read the
full announcement
here<http://greekamerica.us2.list-manage2.com/track/click?u=03b2938052eb20792c479129a&id=d885c964ef&e=ef4267e43f>
.

*2013 Constantine & Patricia Mavroyannis Scholarship Recipients Announced*
Congratulations to our first Constantine and Patricia Mavroyannis
Scholarship<http://greekamerica.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=03b2938052eb20792c479129a&id=fc9ddfee19&e=ef4267e43f>recipients:
Katerina Chatziioannou of Montana State University and Lampros
Lamprou of Stanford University.  Each student received an award of $5,000
to support their doctoral research in theoretical physics for the 2013-2014
academic year. The scholarship honors the life and accomplishments of Dr.
Constantine Mavroyannis, a career physicist with the National Research
Council of Canada, and his wife Patricia. Click
here<http://greekamerica.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=03b2938052eb20792c479129a&id=2b88f7d8e3&e=ef4267e43f>to
read the full announcement.

        [image: Join The Movement]
Support the Greek America Foundation with a contribution today [image:
DONATE TODAY!]<http://greekamerica.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=03b2938052eb20792c479129a&id=1d59c96727&e=ef4267e43f>
    GREEK
AMERICA FOUNDATION 2012 © ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Brought to you by
*customedialabs™*<http://greekamerica.us2.list-manage.com/track/click?u=03b2938052eb20792c479129a&id=d16b34ed52&e=ef4267e43f>
   If you do not wish to receive these emails, click
here<http://greekamerica.us2.list-manage.com/unsubscribe?u=03b2938052eb20792c479129a&id=98b991985d&e=ef4267e43f&c=2f8d9df476>to
unsubscribe
   Greek America Foundation 2012 © All Rights Reserved
910 W Van Buren St, Suite 7SW, Chicago, IL 60607

--
June Samaras
2020 Old Station Rd
E-mail : june.samaras at gmail.com