[MGSA-L] History of antisemitism in Greece?

Neni Panourgia np255 at columbia.edu
Tue Nov 5 08:03:47 PST 2013

Dear members of the list,

I am trying to find a conceptual history of the rise of antisemitism in
Greece. To be more precise, I am not looking for antisemitism per se (as
the ideology that developed as part of the development of racism in 19th
century Europe) but a history of the conflictual relations between
Orthodox Greeks (even Byzantine ones) and Jews in the grecophone
orthodox areas of the Byzantine and Ottoman empires. Any ideas would be
welcome.

Many thanks,

Neni Panourgia

--
________________________
Professor Neni Panourgiá

2013-2014
Visiting Associate Professor
Anthropology Department
The New School for Social Research
6 East 16th Street, Office 927
Tel. 212-229-5757, ext 2025
New York, NY 10011

ICLS
Heyman Center for the Humanities,
Columbia University,
New York, NY 10027

Social Sciences Editor
Journal of Modern Greek Studies
http://muse.jhu.edu/journals/journal_of_modern_greek_studies/toc/mgs.29.1.html

Dangerous Citizens. The Greek Left and the Terror of the State
www.dangerouscitizens.columbia.edu