[MGSA-L] Cornelius Castoriadis at Michigan

Vassilios Lambropoulos vlambrop at umich.edu
Thu May 23 04:52:31 PDT 2013

A TWO-PART ANNOUNCEMENT:

A. THE MODERN GREEK PROGRAM AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MICHIGAN: We are pleased to announce the permanent hosting on our website of the rough footage, now with English-language subtitles, that was recorded in 1989 by famed filmmaker Chris Marker for Marker's own television series L'héritage de la chouette ("The Owl's Legacy").  It may be accessed here:

http://www.lsa.umich.edu/modgreek/windowtogreekculture/historybiomemoir

In this 81-minute video document, philosopher Cornelius Castoriadis lays out and examines the contributions of ancient Greece to questions of contemporary relevance relating to democracy, politics, philosophy, art, poetry, economic and social reorganization, and the creative chaos that underlies all existence.

B. NOT BORED!: We are pleased to announce a new addition to the works by Cornelius Castoriadis (1922-1997) that we make available through our website. This time it is a videotape, originally recorded in French, that has been translated into English (via easy-to-read subtitles) by the same anonymous Translator/Editor who has, over the course of the last ten years, brought out translations of five important books by Castoriadis. This video is offered for free and as a public service, and is available for viewing at the top of the same page that features links to PDF versions of the books just mentioned.

http://www.notbored.org/cornelius-castoriadis.html