[MGSA-L] the question of Cyprus

Kostis Kornetis kornetis at gmail.com
Sun Mar 31 21:48:37 PDT 2013

I would also like to express my full agreement with George Syrimis.
We are well beyond the point in which academics were supposed to operate solely within their ivory tower. Especially in times like this.
Since academia and the public sphere are more and more intertwined (I personally come from a discipline in which "public history" is becoming increasingly influential),
I believe that rigid differentiations of what is scholarly and what is not are not just artificial, but are definitely not beneficial to the "field", which suffers from enough introspection as it is.
Best wishes,
Kostis

--
Kostis Kornetis