[MGSA-L] the question of Cyprus

Vassilios Lambropoulos vlambrop at umich.edu
Thu Mar 28 12:35:51 PDT 2013

Regarding the absence of a discussion of Cyprus from the list
it may be worth reminding ourselves that this is the list
of the Modern Greek Studies Association.

It is a wonderful and unique list reserved for matters of Modern Greek *Studies,*
that is, matters of Modern Greek as a *field:*
announcements of scholarly events and course offerings, of conferences and new publications.
We circulate bibliographic or filmic inquiries, scholarly inquiries and in general share info on research matters.

The list is meant to facilitate research and advance the field *academically.*

Most of the time we do not discuss issues, and I for one am very grateful for that.
There are many fora for those interested in Greek issues of all kind, and they do a great job.

Ours is the only list that strictly serves the field of Modern Greek Studies precisely as a field.

Vassilis Lambropoulos