[MGSA-L] CYPRUS

Lyssi Athanasiou lyssi_a at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 27 20:23:27 PDT 2013

Thank you to those you decided to break the silence on and off the list.  Ultimately, what we do is find words for the ineffable  and for the first time I felt the list failed to articulate some of the issues that will not remain endemic in Cyprus (you need not be a Cypriot in order to find interest is this crisis) but will soon affect the future of the EU.  Perhaps my bitterness stemmed from the fact that the Cypriots forget their own history for the sake of Greece, "της μητέρας πατρίδας," but little does the rest of the world care for what is happening to Cyprus, even during moments like this, when all of us witness Cyprus's utter collapse.Lissi