[MGSA-L] Reviewers for the Journal of Modern Greek Studies

Neni Panourgia np255 at columbia.edu
Mon Mar 25 09:02:45 PDT 2013

Dear members of the list,

Greetings and Salutations on this most auspicious day!

I am writing as the Editor for the Social Sciences of the Journal of
Modern Greek Studies with a specific invitation. The recent (or latest)
Crisis in Greece (and beyond) has resulted in a wealth of scholarly
production that addresses all aspects of this crisis--economic, social,
political, intellectual. Although the Journal has a database of
manuscript reviewers, we are finding ourselves in need of a broadened
pool of potential reviewers especially for the following topics:

  * Current political parties and electoral structures
  * Migration--both immigration and emigration
  * Contextualization of the financial dimensions of the crisis
  * Labor (history of labor movement, flexible labor, trade unions,
    migrant labor)
  * The rise of Chrysi Avgi
  * Privatization of public lands
  * The Greek Church and church history

If you would like to be considered as a reviewer please send an email
message indicating your willingness to do so to Professor Vassilis
Lambropoulos and myself at <JMGSContact at gmail.com>. Please note that
only _published_ authors (in peer reviewed journals and/or presses) can
act as reviewers, regardless of seniority or official position and title.

Many thanks and best wishes to all,

Neni Panourgia

--
________________________
Professor Neni Panourgiá

2012-2013
Visiting Associate Professor
Bard College
Anthropology Department
Hopson 301
Warden's Hall, PO Box 5000
Annandale-on-Hudson, NY 12504
(845) 752-7217

ICLS
Heyman Center for the Humanities,
Columbia University,
New York, NY 10027

Dangerous Citizens. The Greek Left and the Terror of the State
www.dangerouscitizens.columbia.edu

Ethnographica Moralia Experiments in Interpretive Anthropology
www.fordhampress.com/detail.html?id=9780823228874