[MGSA-L] Three Generations of Greek Workers

George Baloglou gbaloglou at gmail.com
Fri Mar 8 05:29:30 PST 2013

On Wed, Mar 6, 2013 at 5:55 PM, George Baloglou <gbaloglou at gmail.com> wrote:

> [ΒΤW, yesterday I saw the familiar, four-year old ΕΣΕΙΣ ΜΕ ΤΙΣ
> ΒΙΤΡΙΝΕΣ, ΕΜΕΙΣ ΜΕ ΤΟΝ ΑΛΕΞΗ with the last word -- an obvious
> reference to Alexis Grigoropoulos -- changed to ΑΛΗΤΗ: a Golden Dawn
> intervention, perhaps?]

And, not very far from it (somewhere in Sykies, most likely) an old
one: ΤΟ ΚΡΑΤΟΣ ΠΑΡΑΚΡΑΤΗΣΕ

[Wonderful triple pun: παρακράτησε = "lasted too long", but also
παρακράτησε = "witheld (fees, taxes, etc)" and παρακράτος = "deep
state"]

*I had first seen it on 5/1/09, during an extended Πρωτομαγιά walk
through the empty streets of Thessaloniki ... in pursuit of such
συνθήματα :-)

--

Γιώργος Μπαλόγλου -- Θεσσαλονίκη

http://www.oswego.edu/~baloglou (1988 - 2008)