[MGSA-L] Opportunity for recent humanities Ph.D. recipients (March 27th deadline)

June Samaras june.samaras at gmail.com
Wed Mar 6 16:01:01 PST 2013

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Matthew Loy <Matthew.Loy at ithaka.org>
Date: 6 March 2013 17:23

I write to ask for your help in spreading news of a fellowship
opportunity for recent Ph.D. recipients who are interested in
long-term careers outside the academy. My organization, JSTOR, is
acting as a partner in this fellowship program.

The American Council of Learned Societies (ACLS) is accepting
applications to the Public Fellows Program. The program, which is in
its third year, will place 20 recent Ph.D.s from the humanities and
humanistic social sciences in two-year staff positions at partnering
organizations in government and the nonprofit sector. Fellows will
participate in the substantive work of these organizations and receive
professional mentoring. Compensation is competitive and includes
health benefits for the fellow. The Public Fellows Program is a
fellowship program offered by the American Council of Learned
Societies with generous funding from The Andrew W. Mellon Foundation.

JSTOR is one of the 20 participating organizations in this year's
Public Fellows Program. We seek a recent Ph.D. recipient to work in
our Content Development Unit on building the next generation of
discipline-based digital collections for research and teaching. A full
description of our open Public Fellow position, as well as
descriptions of the positions available at the other participating
organizations, eligibility criteria, and the online application form,
are available at http://www.acls.org/programs/publicfellows/. The
deadline to apply is Wednesday, March 27th, 2013 (6.00pm EDT).
Questions about the program and all the open positions should be
directed to ACLS via the URL above.

Any help you can offer in forwarding this to interested recent Ph.D.
recipients or to your institution's career center would be greatly
appreciated.

With many thanks,
Matt Loy
JSTOR