[MGSA-L] Fwd: [BYZANS-L] Fwd: Sinai, forty years ago

Chris Williams troianovagroup at hotmail.com
Wed Jul 31 10:15:59 PDT 2013

All,

For information: this is downloadable from the non-profit archive.org:

http://archive.org/details/oncetosinaithefu008226mbp

Chris Williams

Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 18:49:15 -0400
From: june.samaras at gmail.com
To: gbaloglou at gmail.com
CC: mgsa-l at UCI.EDU
Subject: Re: [MGSA-L] Fwd: [BYZANS-L] Fwd: Sinai, forty years ago

George

How about a trip to Sinai in 1483?

There is this delightful book about the travels of Friar Felix Fabri that you might enjoy

PRESCOTT, H.F.M. & FABRI, FELIX
Once To Sinai: The Further Pilgrimage of Friar Felix Fabri
London, Eyre & Spottiswood. 1957, First Edition. Hard Cover. In 1483 Friar Felix Fabri undertook a second pilgrimage to Jerusalem. This book vividly describes his return journey through the deserts of Sinai to St Catherine's Monastery, down the Nile though Egypt to Alexandria and then by ship to Venice and finally to his home monastery in Ulm.310p. illus maps. bibliography. index.

June S