[MGSA-L] From the Transnational Studies Committee

Anagnostou, Georgios anagnostou.1 at osu.edu
Wed Jan 9 08:41:15 PST 2013

Call for Papers for ALA (American Literature Association) 2013 Conference on May 23-26, 2013 in Boston

We invite colleagues to submit individual paper abstracts to the two following MELUS panels for the ALA (American Literature Association) 2013 conference on May 23-26, 2013 in Boston.  Each year over 800 scholars and graduate students attend this wonderful conference on all aspects of American literature.  A great many professional organizations, societies, and associations, including MELUS, are represented.  We would like to encourage you to join us to create a strong MELUS presence on diverse aspects of American multiethnic literature in ALA 2013.  The topics for the two MELUS panels are:

   1.  New directions in Latino/a American literature and criticism;
   2.  American multiethnic masculinity literary and critical studies.

Please submit your individual paper abstract of less than 250 words in Microsoft Word to me at lingyan at iup.edu<mailto:lingyan at iup.edu>, by Jan. 26, 2013.  Please also write down your name, rank, institutional affiliation, full contact information, email, and which panel you apply to join in your paper abstract, with an additional one-page cv.  Sorry for the short notice.  If you have questions, please let me know.  Thank you very much for your interest and time.

Sincerely,
Lingyan

Lingyan Yang, Ph.D.
MELUS Program Chair & Vice President
MELUS 2013 Conference Committee co-chair

Director, Women's Studies Program
Associate Professor of English
English Dept. 110 Leo Hall
Indiana University of Pennsylvania