[MGSA-L] Marios Hakkas Story

David Sutton dsutton at siu.edu
Mon Jan 7 07:15:05 PST 2013

Thanks to all who responded. It was requested that I share my results.
Several people sent pdfs of the original Greek version of the story. Here
is a handy link passed on by Gonda Van Steen:
http://digitalschool.minedu.gov.gr/modules/ebook/show.php/DSGL105/229/1694,5432/extras/texts/indexl_2_parallilo_keimeno_1.html

As for the English version, it was included in the collection published by
Kedros "Heroes Shrine for Sale." I have not been able to locate the version
published in the literary journal in the 1970s. I believe it was
Shenandoah, perhaps a special issue on Greek writers translated by N.C.
Germanacos? But Shenandoah doesn't seem to have a searchable archive.
Anyone?

Thanks, David