[MGSA-L] Searchable Greek text - the first 600+ volumes

Chris Williams troianovagroup at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 21 09:59:24 PST 2013

All,

This is of considerable significance – a searchable resource of Greek text from the large and increasing body of scanned PDF-format Greek literature; this archive now includes Dindorf’s Zonaras. Bruce Robertson and Frederico Boscheti have applied sophisticated OCR (Optical Character Recognition) techniques to scanned PDFs of literature available via archive.org. The resource is now easily searchable and can be downloaded and searched as bulk text using cheap and reliable indexing software such as dtsearch. It should now be possible to convert much online, out-of-copyright Greek text, classical or otherwise, for this purpose. They deserve our thanks!

Chris